Pukehinau-Lambton Ward – 3 Position
Location where the Show is being Filmed – St Marks School Hall
Date of the show – Sunday 11th September 2022
Times to arrive – Audience Members arrive by 630pm
Broadcast Time – 7pm to 9pm
Books your tickets here
Submit your questions here – We will select the best questions for the show
Candidates who are Standing
Standing here – Register your attendance here
Confirmed then changed mind and declined attending Website - Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NicolaYoungWellington Twitter - https://twitter.com/nmjyoung Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/nmjyoung/ Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Confirmed attending It's in the Ballot in Person Website - https://janeoloughlin.nz/ Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/JaneOLOWgtn Twitter - https://twitter.com/JaneOLO Instagram - Email - email@example.com
Confirmed attending It's in the Ballot in Person Website - https://www.ellen4council.com/ Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Ellen4Council2022 Twitter - https://twitter.com/Windynell Instagram - Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Declined to Attend Website - https://www.tamathapaul.com/ Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/tamathapaul1 Twitter - https://twitter.com/tamathapaul Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/tamathapaul Email - email@example.com
Invited to appear on It's in the Ballot and awaiting conformations Website - Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100064014700523 Twitter - https://twitter.com/IonaPannett Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/ionapannett/ Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Confirmed attending It's in the Ballot in Person Website - Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/AfnanForLambton Twitter - https://twitter.com/afnan_alrubayee Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/alrubafna19 Email - email@example.com
Zan Rai Gyaw
Invited to appear on It's in the Ballot and awaiting conformations Website - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Invited to appear on It's in the Ballot and awaiting conformations Website - Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/karl4wellington Twitter - Instagram - Email - email@example.com
Confirmed attending It's in the Ballot in Person Website - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Confirmed attending It's in the Ballot in Person Website - https://www.jono4lambton.com/ Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Jono-for-Lambton-Ward-2022-106367625522148 Twitter - https://twitter.com/jonomarknz Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/jmarknz/ Email - email@example.com
Questions that are in the Shows Boxes
- A councillor resigns 12 months before the next election. What would you propose for the
- Should WCC social housing firstly be offered to those who are locals?
- What’s your biggest priority for the next term, and how do you intend on delivering on that?
- For all intents and purposes, Three Waters Reform is happening.
- What’s your opinion of it, and how will you support WCC through reforms?
- Do you support more housing in the ward, and if so, how would you see this achieved?
- This year sees the start of the Māori wards.
- How are you going to ensure there is true co-governance with Māori for our city?
- I believe we need housing for everyone more than we need draughty heritage buildings.
- How will you support more housing against the naysayers in Wellington?
- It feels like every progressive project in Wellington gets stopped by those who don’t like change.
- (Ie judicial reviews for roading projects).
- How will you ensure we can become a better city to live in and not be stopped by NIMBYs?
- Wellington has long been known for its vibrant youth scene.
- What are you going to do to make sure young people can drive change in the city?
- I cycle every day in Wellington (yes, even in the interesting weather).
- What are you doing to support me as I help you reduce congestion and fight climate change?
- Please be specific and address safety concerns of cyclists.
- There have been lots of delays to safe cycleways from Island Bay to the city.
- What will you do to help Paekawakawa/Southern Ward councillors ensure this essential route is completely finished this term?
- We know we need to pay now for essential upgrades that previous councils have avoided because of pushback from homeowners and fear of rates bills.
- What will you do to stop pushing these expenses onto the younger generations and ensure that this city is maintained as it should be?
- Wellington had to deal with a difficult protest earlier this year. They parked illegally but it seems they were hardly ticketed and most tickets have not been paid. Are you going to follow this up, or give Wellingtonians free parking (or free buses) to make up for ticketing us, but not ticketing them?
- Some councilors have actively supported hate speech against cyclists.
- Do you think this is appropriate and what will you do to stop it in the future?
- We need land for housing.
- How will you support freeing up land in the right places (and without letting rich NIMBYs stop you)?
- The council has to push through some big and expensive projects – particularly LGWM and rapid transit.
- Do you think you are up to the job?
- Internationally, cities that are nicer places to walk around are considered better places to live.
- What will you do to improve the experience of pedestrians in Wellington such as wider footpaths, less on street parking, more green spaces, protection from the wind and rain?
- Bike theft seems out of control right now (showing that bikes are VERY popular, but disappointing for their owners)
- What will you do to stop thieves being able to easily steal bikes in Wellington?
- Many people want to cycle around Wellington but live up steps and don’t have anywhere to store a bike.
- `Do you support the provision of secure, weatherproof bike parking on city streets so that people can keep their bikes in the same way you currently support car owners?
- Will you bring in household food waste collection to stop this waste from going to landfill?
- The council has committed to normalising te Reo Maori in Poneke.
- What will you be doing to ensure we achieve this?
- What are you personally going to do to roll model climate action such as bike to work every day, go zero waste, or eat a plant based diet, etc?
- Did you attend the protest at Parliament in March and,either way, what are your thoughts on it now?
- WCC will get extra rates revenue from increased housing density.
- What actual steps will you take to help the other ward’s councillors to improve services to these corridor suburbs – including community services and utilities?
- There is no overlap between planet saving planning and car centric planning.
- What will you do this term (ie, not waiting for light rail) to actively reduce the number of private vehicles on Wellington’s streets?
- Covid has shown us that we need a bit more space to move around and not catch contagious diseases. At the moment those in cars have all the space and pedestrians are squashed onto narrow pavements.
- What will you do to make more space for those of us walking around the city? Such as one way streets, change on street parking to pavement etc?
- Those living next to the sea have asked that rate payers pay for improvements to prevent their (expensive) properties from being affected by sea level rise.
- Do you think it’s fair that the rest of us pay for them to continue to live in the most desirable parts of Wellington?
- What is your immediate actionable plan for upgrading decaying and failing infrastructure such as sewage, water, and stabilisation of hillsides for critical routes and suspending non critical projects?
Hard Hitting Questions
- What is your position on the Three Waters Reform and why have you come to that position?
- Wellington Council has committed to normalising Te Reo Maori. How much Te Reo do you speak and what will you do to increase your use of Te Reo?
- Did you agree with the WCC decision to require vaccine passes for entry to public rate payer supported facilities, despite no scientific reason to justify the policy?
Highlight Videos from the Night
More to come