Hutt South Electorate
- Location where the Show is being Filmed – James Coe Centre
- Date of the show – Tuesday 19th September 2023
- Times to arrive – Arrive by 330pm
- Broadcast Time – Broadcast starts at 4pm and finishes at 6pm or near
- Books your tickets here
- Submit your questions here – We will select the best questions for the show
Watch Online here
Candidates who are Standing
This section enables candidates to display their contact information to allow voters easy access to candidates information in one place.
Submit your candidate information here – this does not commit attendance to ‘It’s in the Ballot’ show – It lets voters know who is standing for their electorate.
Ben Wylie-van Eerd – The Opportunities Party
- Website - https://www.top.org.nz/ben-wylievaneerd Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/benforhuttsouth Twitter - Instagram - Youtube - Tiktok - Email - email@example.com
Neelu Jennings – Green Party of Aotearoa NZ
Website - https://www.greens.org.nz/neelu_jennings_2023 Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100091071468700 Twitter - Instagram - Youtube - Tiktok - Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Lee Donoghue – New Zealand First
Website - Facebook - Twitter - https://twitter.com/LeeDonoghue Instagram - Youtube - Tiktok - Email - email@example.com
Andy Parkins – ACT
Website - https://www.act.org.nz/2023_andy_parkins Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/andyactnz Twitter - Instagram - Youtube - Tiktok - Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Max Rangitutia – Vision New Zealand
Website - https://www.vision.org.nz/meet_our_people Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100095412641861 Twitter - Instagram - Youtube - Tiktok - Email - email@example.com - -
Ginny Anderson – Labour Party
Website - https://www.labour.org.nz/ginnyandersen Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/GinnyAndersenHuttSouth Twitter - https://twitter.com/ginnyandersen Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/ginny_andersen Youtube - Tiktok - Email - ginny.andersen@labour.
Chris Bishop – National Party
Website - https://chrisbishop.national.org.nz/ Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/ChrisBishopMP Twitter - https://twitter.com/cjsbishop Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/cjsbishop/ Youtube - Tiktok - Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions that are in the Shows Boxes
Hard Hitting Questions
- What is your party’s policy for funding the Cross Valley Link project as a national state
- What is the most pressing issue in the Hutt South electorate currently?
Questions Boxes – Please note the numbers attached aren’t necessarily the boxes the questions are sealed away in. This is done by an independent person on the night to ensure no candidates or on screen crew know what questions are in what boxes
- Do you personally think that it is important that women and girls (using the standard
biological definition) should have exclusive access to some services, spaces, facilities and
sports for the sake of their dignity, safety and right to fairness?
- What is a quality that you admire in one of your fellow candidates?
- Will you abolish the sexualisation education in the primary education curriculum? Yes or no
- What do you know about the struggles facing families of autistic children in the Hutt? How
will you attempt to advocate for the needs of autistic children?
- How are you going to address the cost-of-living crisis?
- Will you be able to readdress Australian Super being released early for returning kiwis
wanting to use the fund for deposits and purchase of their first homes now more of us are
returning home to New Zealand?
- What would you do to financially assist local governments to fix the pipes and
- What is your party’s policy on gun control? Do you support the gun register that was
- Long term change requires strong and binding cross-party collaboration and agreement. A
recent example would be the Mental Health and Addictions working group which did not
have decision making powers.
What is one area that your party could commit to attempting genuine, lasting andbinding
cross-party work for the long-term benefit of Aotearoa New Zealand?
- Current information from overseas indicates that vaping is not a healthier alternative to
smoking. Children of primary school age are becoming addicted.
What is your party’s plan to address this health concern?
- With the downturn in the economy, many small businesses are struggling to stay afloat.
Has your party got any policies that would assist them through these tough times?
- What is your party’s stance on Central Bank Digital Currency? Will your party support
removing cash from being used in New Zealand?
- Do you support the right to women's safe, legal and timely access to abortion in New
- What is your party’s position on Three Waters Reform? Do you have an alternative model?
- In your opinion, should we change the minimum age for voting to 16 years old?
- In your opinion, should councils be forced by the Ministry of Health to fluoridate their water
- In your opinion, what is the main issue that New Zealand is facing currently?
- In your opinion, should Mainstream Media be funded by taxpayers?
- What is your party’s position on the need for and how local govt rating reform should be
delivered for all of New Zealand?
- Do you think New Zealand should investigate having an Independent Commissioner against
corruption like NSW?
- In the 2019 budget 1.9 billion dollars was allocated to improving mental health services.
To what extent do you consider that this has improved our mental health system and made
a difference to our country’s wellbeing?
- To what extent do you consider that public transport policies are incentives to support the
use of public transport while also reducing climate change impacts?
- What do you think we should do about the increasing level of misinformation that we are
- Rest homes are losing RNs to Te Whatu Ora as they are unable to match the pay packages.
Do you think that pay packages for RNs should be equitable across all sectors of health care?
- Do you think that transgender females should be able to compete in women’s sports?
- Over the past few years New Zealand has suffered from many forms of division.
How would your party reconnect people and heal the divide, so we are a united country
- Would your party advocate for introducing a sugar drinks tax to help combat obesity, dental
decay, Type 2 diabetes, heart disease and other chronic medical conditions?
- Given that property investors often outbid first home buyers at house auctions, how would
you encourage property investors to switch to more productive investments?
Highlight Videos from the Night
More to come
Other Meet the Candidates in the Electorate
This section is to allow community-led “Meet the candidates” to submit their information on their upcoming meetings to ensure you have the opportunity of seeing candidates debate their ideas among the fellow members of your the community – Submit your “Meet the candidates” information here