- Location where the Show is being Filmed – Kapiti Impact Hub
- Date of the show – Thursday 14th September 2023
- Times to arrive – Arrive from 630pm
- Broadcast Time – Broadcast starts at 7pm and finishes at 9pm or near
- Books your tickets here
- Submit your questions here – We will select the best questions for the show
Watch Online here
Candidates who are Standing
This section enables candidates to display their contact information to allow voters easy access to candidates information in one place.
Submit your candidate information here – this does not commit attendance to ‘It’s in the Ballot’ show – It lets voters know who is standing for their electorate.
Gina Dao-McLay – Green Party of Aotearoa New Zealand
Gina, thank you for providing us with this information
Website - https://www.greens.org.nz/gina_dao_mclay_2023 Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/ginadaomclay/ Twitter - https://twitter.com/gina_quynh Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/gina.quynh/ Youtube - Tiktok - Email - email@example.com
Kush Bhargava – Protect and Prosper New Zealand
Kush, thank you for providing us with this information
Website - https://www.ppnz.org.nz/ourteam Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/PPNZ.org Twitter - Instagram - Youtube - Tiktok - Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Andy Foster – NZ First
Andy, thank you for providing us with this information
Website - https://www.nzfirst.nz/andy-foster Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube - Tiktok - Email - email@example.com
Lily Brown - ACT
Lily, thank you for providing us with this information
Website - https://www.act.org.nz/2023_lily_brown Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/ACT.Mana Twitter - Instagram - Youtube - Tiktok - Email - firstname.lastname@example.org -
Barbara Edmonds – Labour Party
Barbara did not provide this information – our Candidate Liaison team found the information through a google search
Website - https://www.labour.org.nz/barbaraedmonds Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/BarbaraEdmondsMP Twitter - https://twitter.com/BarbEdmondsMana Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/barbara_edmonds_mp_/ Youtube - Tiktok - Email - email@example.com
Frances Hughes – National Party
Frances did not provide this information – our Candidate Liaison team found the information through a google search
Website - https://www.national.org.nz/franceshughes Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/FrancesHughesMana Twitter - Instagram - Youtube - Tiktok - Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions that are in the Shows Boxes
Hard Hitting Questions
- What is your party’s policy on the duplication of the North Island Main Trunk Railway Line
between Paekakariki and Pukerua Bay?
- What is your party’s policy to get families out of emergency accommodation in Porirua city
and into long-term stable housing?
Questions Boxes – Please note the numbers attached aren’t necessarily the boxes the questions are sealed away in. This is done by an independent person on the night to ensure no candidates or on screen crew know what questions are in what boxes
- Porirua City Council sewage treatment plant is still operating on an expired resource consent.
As the electorate MP, how would you advocate to ensure the treatment plant is compliant
and how will that impact my rates?
- Why is New Zealand reducing CO2 emissions when plants need CO2 to grow?
- What are you/your party going to do about the climate crisis?
- How will you/your party ensure all ākonga (students) can succeed at school?
- Do you/your party feel that tougher penalties are required for those convicted of animal
abuse as a deterrent?
- There is evidence to suggest that there is a connection between those who abuse animals and
those who abuse children and people.
What steps would you/your party take to reduce animal and child abuse?
- What is your/your party's policy on addressing the inequity of those who own property and
those who rent?
- How will your party address the high Maori incarceration rates compared with other
- What are Mana’s community aspirations? How can central government contribute to them?
- Parents throughout New Zealand are voicing their concerns about certain aspects of the
Relationships and Sexuality Curriculum Year 1 to 10. Their concern is that some areas of the
teaching content are not age appropriate.
If elected, will your party review this concern with the public and make the appropriate
- Current information from overseas indicates that vaping is not a healthier alternative to
smoking. Children of primary school age are becoming addicted.
What is your party’s plan to address this health concern?
- Do you personally think that it is important that women and girls (using the standard
biological definition) should have exclusive access to some services, spaces, facilities and
sports for the sake of their dignity, safety and right to fairness?
- With the downturn in the economy, many small businesses are struggling to stay afloat.
Has your party got any policies that would assist them through these tough times?
- What is your party’s stance on Central Bank Digital Currency and will your party support removing cash from being used in New Zealand?
- Do you support the current Kapiti Council District Council (KCDC) process regarding Coastal
Adaptation Areas and the work done by the Coastal Advisory Panel?
- What is your/your party’s commitment to conservation for the next term?
- What will your party do to make it easier for asylum seekers to enter Aotearoa?
- What is your party’s policy on gun control? Do you support the gun register that was established?
- Do you support the right to women’s safe, legal and timely access to abortion in New Zealand?
- What would you do to financially assist local governments to fix the pipes and infrastructure?
- Long term change requires strong and binding cross-party collaboration and agreement. A
recent example would be the Mental Health and Addictions working group which did not have
decision making powers.
What is one area that your party could commit to attempting genuine, lasting and binding
cross-party work for the long-term benefit of Aotearoa New Zealand?
- What will happen to the winter energy payment if your party is elected to govern?
- What is your party’s position on Three Waters Reform? Do you have an alternative model?
- Given that property investors often outbid first home buyers at house auctions, how would you encourage property investors to switch to more productive investments?
- In your opinion, should we change the minimum age for voting to 16 years old?
- In your opinion, should councils be forced by the Ministry of Health to fluoridate their water
- In your opinion, what is the main issue that New Zealand is facing currently?
- In your opinion, should Mainstream Media be funded by taxpayers?
Highlight Videos from the Night
More to come
Other Meet the Candidates in the Electorate
This section is to allow community-led “Meet the candidates” to submit their information on their upcoming meetings to ensure you have the opportunity of seeing candidates debate their ideas among the fellow members of your the community – Submit your “Meet the candidates” information here