- Location where the Show is being Filmed – James Coe Centre
- Date of the show – Tuesday 19th September 2023
- Times to arrive – Arrive by 630pm
- Broadcast Time – Broadcast starts at 7pm and finishes at 9pm or near
- Books your tickets here
- Submit your questions here – We will select the best questions for the show
Watch Online here
Candidates who are Standing
This section enables candidates to display their contact information to allow voters easy access to candidates information in one place.
Submit your candidate information here – this does not commit attendance to ‘It’s in the Ballot’ show – It lets voters know who is standing for their electorate.
Chris Norton – Green Party of Aotearoa New Zealand
- Website - greens.org.nz/chris_norton_2023 Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/ChrisNortonGreensRemutaka Twitter - Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/chrisgpremutaka/ Youtube - Tiktok - Email - email@example.com -
Emma Chatterton – National Party
Website - https://www.national.org.nz/emmachatterton Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/EmmaChattertonRemutaka/ Twitter - Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/emmachatterton4remutaka/ Youtube - Tiktok - Email - firstname.lastname@example.org -
Heker Robertson – Vision New Zealand
Website - https://www.vision.org.nz/ Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/hekervisionnz?mibextid=ZbWKwL Twitter - Instagram - Youtube - Tiktok - Email - email@example.com
Chris Hipkins – Labour Party
Website - https://www.labour.org.nz/chrishipkins2023 Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chrishipkinsmp Twitter - https://twitter.com/chrishipkins Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/chrishipkinsmp/ Youtube - Tiktok - Email - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Micheal Hurle – ACT
Website - https://www.act.org.nz/2023_michael_hurle Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61550392277991 Twitter - Instagram - Youtube - Tiktok - Email - email@example.com
Questions that are in the Shows Boxes
Hard Hitting Questions
- What is the most pressing issue in the Remutaka electorate currently?
- What is the plan to repair the Stokes Valley slip?
Questions Boxes – Please note the numbers attached aren’t necessarily the boxes the questions are sealed away in. This is done by an independent person on the night to ensure no candidates or on screen crew know what questions are in what boxes
- The Prime Minister said that no one was forced to get the Covid vaccine? Do you agree with
- Will you abolish the sexualisation curriculum in primary schools? Yes or no, and why?
- Will you be able to readdress Australian Super being released early for returning kiwis
wanting to use the fund for deposits and purchase of their first homes now more of us are
returning home to New Zealand?
- How are you going to address the cost-of-living crisis?
- What is your party’s position on Three Waters Reform? Do you have an alternative funding
- Is government spending on cycling and cycleways a waste of money? Please explain your reasoning.
- In your opinion, should we change the minimum age for voting to 16 years old?
- The Future of Local Government report says, “The current local government funding and finance
system is already under pressure and is not sustainable”.
How is your party going to respond to this issue?
- The Future of Local Government reports says, “A significant fund is also needed to support climate
change adaptation activities”.
How is your party going to respond to this issue?
- In your opinion, should mainstream media be funded by taxpayers?
- In the 2019 budget 1.9 billion dollars was allocated to improving mental health services.
To what extent do you consider that this has improved our mental health system and made a
difference to our country’s wellbeing?
- In your opinion, what do you think will be the main issue that will decide this election?
- Rest homes are losing RNs to Te Whatu Ora as they are unable to match the pay packages.
Do you think that pay packages for RNs should be equitable across all sectors of health care?
- Would your party advocate for introducing a sugar drinks tax to help combat obesity, dental decay,
Type 2 diabetes, heart disease and other chronic medical conditions?
- Over the past few years New Zealand has suffered from many forms of division.
How would your party reconnect people and heal the divide, so we are a united country once again?
- In your opinion, how well is the government managing the adverse medical and social impacts of the
- What MP in the current Parliament (not a party leader) do you most admire and why?
- How has New Zealand changed since you were a child? Has it changed for the better?
- Do you think New Zealand has coped well with the Covid 19 pandemic ? What could have been done
better? What lessons have we learnt?
- Tell us three words that sum up – for you – Aotearoa New Zealand.
- Tell us one personal quality you have to offer as an MP?
- In what way(s) can New Zealand lead the world?
- What is your policy on tackling New Zealand's obesity problem?
- What is New Zealand’s biggest challenge, and what is the key policy your party is using to respond to
- Would you or your party consider giving a fixed percentage of GST tax revenue to help fund local
councils on infrastructure projects?
- In what direction do you see New Zealand going in the next ten years?
- The statement “Opposition parties do not win elections, governments lose them”.
Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
- How is your party going to stop the increasing decline in children’s dental health?
Highlight Videos from the Night
More to come
Other Meet the Candidates in the Electorate
This section is to allow community-led “Meet the candidates” to submit their information on their upcoming meetings to ensure you have the opportunity of seeing candidates debate their ideas among the fellow members of your the community – Submit your “Meet the candidates” information here