Otaki Ward – 1 Position
Location where the Show is being Filmed – Otaki Memorial Hall
Date of the show – Monday 26th September 2022
Times to arrive – Audience Members arrive by 630pm
Broadcast Time – 7pm to 9pm
Books your tickets here
Submit your questions here – We will select the best questions for the show
Candidates who are Standing
Standing here – Register your attendance here
Invited to appear on It's in the Ballot and awaiting conformations Website - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Invited to appear on It's in the Ballot and awaiting conformations Website - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Email - email@example.com
Questions that are in the Shows Boxes
- How do you intend to authentically engage with local iwi and hapu?
- Kapiti Coast has traditionally been a dormitory suburb for Wellington.
- What is your vision for transforming Kapiti into a self-sufficient area where people can find jobs that don’t require a 100km commute – given this is no longer sustainable?
- Experts believe that to survive the climate crisis we need economic degrowth and energy descent.
- What is your plan for degrowth on Kapiti Coast?
- What do you think about reducing speed limits on roads in the local villages?
- What is your plan for waste management?
- Do you believe that Iwi’s voice is more important than any other voice in Kapiti?
- What will you do to stop the behind closed meetings going on at Kapiti now? And how will you let the public know if this is occurring?
- What is your response to the pandemic, in general?
- Will you ensure any new housing developments are required to have Rain Water Tanks & Septic Tanks?
- Do you have, or have you had, any association with VFF (Voices for Freedom), and did you attend or support the protest in Parliament Grounds in February or March this year?
- What measures will you support to reduce crime in Kapiti?
- What family friendly events and infrastructure would you prioritise in Kapiti? In particular for families with young babies/toddlers?
- Taking into consideration all the information we have on the Kapiti Gateway will you vote to stop the project? Yes or No
- Will you help the Waikanae Ward councillor with lobbying to repair and reopen the Waikanae library?
- What’s your biggest priority for the next term, and how do you intend on delivering on that?
- Last Year some councils decided to create Maori Wards for this local body elections, Kapiti Coast District Council didn’t.
- What would be your position of creating Maori Wards for the 2025 local body elections?
- What are you going to do to ensure young people’s voices are heard and actioned to keep our city vibrant and growing?
- How will you personally role model reducing climate change? Such as cycling to work every day, eating a plant based diet, etc?
- What are your priorities to work on for the next three years if you are elected?
- How do you propose to foster a more positive public impression of more active modes of transport, such as cycling and walking?
- What are the challenges facing the Otaki River and its streams? What are your priorities for protecting and enhancing the quality of these water sources?3
- Do you support the use of masks, especially indoors as an important tool for keeping Covid at bay and others safe?
- What will you bring to the table that is different from the current leadership?
- Do you support more housing in the ward? If so, how and where would you see this achieved?
- Should councils be funding and helping to organise community events?
- What do you think will be the three biggest issues for Council in the next term (2022-2025)?
- Climate change is one of our biggest threats.
- What will you personally do to role model decarbonisation?
- Councils are being given roles and responsibilities from the Central Government coming from regulation and legislation. These are referred to as unfunded mandates.
- What is your opinion on the unfunded mandates from the Central Government
Hard Hitting Questions
- The Kapiti Gateway is planned to be built on a tidal creek at the hightide mark and removing green space and dunes, a project with no community support. A massive concrete car park will be built in fragile sand dunes in the park to accommodate more cars all at a cost of $7.7 M.
- Can each candidate state if they have previously supported this project and if so how this aligns with their climate emergency and climate change stance? Yes or No will the vote to stop the project or will they support the project?
- What is your position on all aspects of Three Waters – lifting safe, reliable drinking water. better environmental performance of wastewater and stormwater services. efficient, sustainable, resilient and accountable multi-regional water and sewage services?
- There are currently many homeless people living on or near the beach in their vehicles with no suitable accommodation to go to in Otaki.
- What steps would you take as the Otaki Ward Councilor to get these people into safe, warm and dry accommodation so they aren’t forced to live on the beach?
Highlight Videos from the Night
More to come