Paraparaumu Ward – 3 Position
Location where the Show is being Filmed – Kapiti Impact Hub (old St Patrick’s primary school)
Date of the show – 25th August 2022
Times to arrive – Audience Members arrive by 630pm
Broadcast Time – 7pm to 9pm
Books your tickets here
Submit your questions here – We will select the best questions for the show
Candidates who are Standing
Standing here – Register your attendance here
Not Available to attend Website - Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/bernie.randall.165 Twitter - https://twitter.com/berniejrandall Instagram - Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Invited to appear on It's in the Ballot and awaiting conformations Website - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Email - email@example.com
Confirmed attending It's in the Ballot in Person Website - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Confirmed attending It's in the Ballot in Person Website - https://www.martinhalliday.co.nz/ Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/martinhallidayforkapiticouncil Twitter - Instagram - Email - email@example.com
Confirmed attending It's in the Ballot in Person Website - Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/MFrauenstein Twitter - Instagram - Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Confirmed attending It's in the Ballot in Person Website - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Email - email@example.com
Not Available to attend Website - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions that are in the Shows Boxes
- What is your position on the future use of the Paraparaumu airport precinct land?
- What’s your biggest priority for the next term, and how do you intend on delivering on that?
- Last Year some councils decided to create Maori Wards for this local body elections, Kapiti Coast District Council didn’t.
What would be your position of creating Maori Wards for the 2025 local body elections?
- What are you going to do to ensure young people’s voices are heard and actioned to keep our city vibrant and growing?
- How will you personally role model reducing climate change? Such as cycling to work every day, or eating a plant based diet?
- How do you propose to foster a more positive public impression of more active modes of transport, such as cycling and walking?
- What is your immediate actionable plan for upgrading decaying and failing infrastructure such as sewage, water, and stabilisation of hillsides for critical routes and suspending non critical projects?
- What are your priorities to work on for the next three years if you are elected?
- What are the challenges facing the Waikanae River and its streams? What are your priorities for protecting and enhancing the quality of these water sources?
- Do you support the use of masks, especially indoors as an important tool for keeping Covid at bay and others safe?
- What will you bring to the table that is different from the current leadership?
- What are the best strategies to reduce flood risks?
- Do you support more housing in the ward, and if so, how would you see this achieved?
- In your view is the Central Government overloading councils with regulation and legislation?
- Should councils be forced to treat their potable water with fluoride?
- Should councils be funding and helping to organise community events?
- Should councils employ public relations teams?
- Councils are being given roles and responsibilities from the Central Government coming from regulation and legislation. These are referred to as unfunded mandates.
What is your opinion on the unfunded mandates from the Central Government?
- How respectful is the relationship between Central and Local Government?
- Do you think climate change should be the number one concern at the ballot box?
- What do you think will be the three biggest issues for Councils in the next term (2022-2025)?
- What do you consider to be the Council’s key responsibilities and what order of priority?
- Do you agree that if there is a move to introduce volumetric charges for water for residents, it should only be introduced with the consent of the majority of voters?
- Dog owners in Christchurch have been issued with a lifelong metal disk engraved with their pet’s unique identification number from June 2022 under a change to dog registrations that will help the environment and save money.
- Do you think Kapiti Coast District Council should adopt this policy?
- Climate change is one of our biggest threats. What will you personally do to role model decarbonisation?
- What is your position on the Arawhata-Ihakara Link Road and would you support keeping it in the long term plan?
- What is your position on Housing intensification near the Paraparaumu Train Station? And how many stories high should it go to?
- Do you believe Paraparaumu Ward has adequate separated cycleways in the ward and would you support expanding the network, keeping it as is or reducing them?
Hard Hitting Questions
- What is your position on all aspects of Three Waters – lifting safe, reliable drinking water. better environmental performance of wastewater and stormwater services. efficient, sustainable, resilient and accountable multi-regional water and sewage services?
- Taking into consideration all the information we have on the Kapiti Gateway will you vote to stop the project and why?
- Could you please share your thoughts on Covid-19 vaccination, and whether you have any affiliation with Voices for Freedom, Freedom Rights Coalition, or any other organisation involved in the occupation of parliament?
Highlight Videos from the Night
More to come